Do you browse the internet everyday?
Since you are probably looking at this post on the internet, I guess the answer is a yes.
From learning how to make a table in google docs to purchasing a laptop, our solution for everything is the internet. But even casual browsing can be a double-edged sword if you are not careful. Internet is filled with threats like malware, pop-ups, phishing, etc. Guardio is used to protect yourself and your browsing experience from all such threats.
This guide will cover everything you need to know about Guardio.
- 1 What is Guardio?
- 2 Is it necessary?
- 3 Guardio vs Ad blockers
- 4 Guardio vs Antivirus
- 5 What are the features of Guardio?
- 6 How does it work?
- 7 What is the price?
- 8 How to add Guardio to the browser?
- 9 Guardio for teams
What is Guardio?
Guardio is a chrome extension that can enhance your browsing experience by making it quick and secure. It is a browser and cloud security product that cleans up your browser, keeps your data private, and serves as a gatekeeper against online threats.
Fun Fact: In 2019, Guardio discovered a flaw in Evernote’s Chrome extension that allowed hackers to steal 4.6M user’s data.
Is it necessary?
Every year, millions of people suffer due to cyber attacks. From identity theft to ransomware attacks, threats have only become sophisticated. Guardio fights against such ever-changing threats by staying ahead of them using cutting-edge technology.
Guardio does not negatively affect your browsing experience in any way. It is an ideal cyber-security solution for individuals, families, and small businesses.
Guardio vs Ad blockers
Ad blockers block advertisements and pop-ups that distract the user and do nothing to protect or secure the browsing experience. Whereas Guardio removes malware, blocks harmful sites and extensions, and prevents data breaches. Also, many sites deny access to users with ad blockers.
Guardio vs Antivirus
While most traditional antiviruses are focused on protecting your PC, they act only after threats have entered your PC. But Guardio specializes in browser and cloud-centric protection and prevents threats from reaching your computer.
What are the features of Guardio?
- With Guardio, you can click on any link without worrying. Guardio blocks all phishing sites looking to steal your personal data like passwords, credit card details, etc.
- After you have added Guardio to your browser, it searches for any malware installed on your browser and removes it.
- Guardio checks the extensions on your browser to see if they are malicious. Some extensions track your online activity and capture private information. Guardio warns you when installing such harmful extensions.
- Ads and pop-ups are a nuisance and can greatly hamper the browsing experience. So Guardio removes any unwanted pop-ups and notifications by going to the source of each pop-up.
- Guardio warns you whenever you are visiting sites with low authority that could potentially be scams.
- Guardio immediately alerts you to any potential data breach when your information has surfaced on the web and helps you take action without delay.
How does it work?
To ensure fast and secure browsing for its users, Guardio leverages big data, machine learning, and cloud infrastructure.
Guardio performs most of its analysis without impacting the system resources by using cloud infrastructure. This also enables real-time updates to block various threats.
Guardio regularly crawls the Chrome extension ecosystem and indexes it to uncover malicious extensions. Similarly, metadata, WHOIS and DNS records, hosting providers, etc., are all collected and used to make accurate decisions.
To prevent phishing campaigns, Guardio uses deep learning models to identify fraudulent websites’ logos and helps with immediate mitigation.
Guardio’s algorithms look through huge amounts of data for malicious activities. They compare and cross-reference data across multiple sources to identify the methods, infrastructure, and business models of various cybercriminals. This helps Guardio beat them by quickly detecting previously unknown threats.
What is the price?
You have two versions to chose from, the free version and the premium version.
The free version has fewer features and is available for only a single device. The premium version costs $5.99 per month, provides additional features, and can be used on up to 5 devices.
Guardio offers a 7-day free trial, after which you can choose monthly or annual subscription plans. You can cancel your plan at any time.
How to add Guardio to the browser?
1. Search for Guardio on the Chrome web store or click here.
2. Click on “Add to Chrome”.
3. Create an account with Guardio to start your checkup.
4. You can then upgrade to a Premium plan.
Guardio for teams
This plan is suitable for both small teams and large companies. Guardio for teams ensures every team member or employee’s browser is secure from malicious attacks. This is especially useful for remote work, as a team member can work from anywhere without worrying about security.
The price is $100 annually or $10 monthly for each seat or team member.
Are there alternatives to Guardio?
Yes, there are a few alternatives like Infocyte, ESET Endpoint Security, etc.
Is Guardio available for all browsers?
Currently no, it is only available for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.
Is Guardio available for mobile devices?
No, it only works on desktop.
How often does Guardio scan my devices?
It monitors your devices all the time, it is constantly checking for threats.