Curve text is an essential feature for all graphic designers. Most posters, logos, flyers, and presentations use curved text to make the visuals more appealing. For almost five years “how to curve text in Canva?” was a ubiquitous question on various forums and Quora.
The original process needed you to individually change the angle of each letter. It was cumbersome and time-consuming and required searching on the internet for solutions. For a popular graphic design platform like Canva, it felt like a massive oversight. Now, our prayers have been answered.
Canva has finally caved and introduced the curve text feature. They have made it available to everybody in November of last year. This new feature has made the process of curving text incredibly simple and fast. All it takes now is one click. We will go into detail on how to curve text in Canva below.
How to curve text in Canva in a few simple steps?
Select the text you want to add to your design and click on the “effects” button on the top right-hand side of the screen. You will find the newly added “curve” feature at the end of the effects. Click on it to curve the text and use the slider to adjust the curvature. Voila, you have your curved text.
1. Open a new design (poster, presentation, logo, etc.) in Canva by clicking on “create a design” button.
2. Open a template you want to use or a textbox.
3. Select the text you want to curve. Then click on the “effects” button on the top right of the screen.
4. Click the newly added text effect called “curve” at the end.
What was once a laborious process, involving multiple steps like inserting cirlcles, and rotating every letter, is now a simple click away.
Tip: If you don’t want to go through the hassle of curving a text, you can simply use the existing templates that have curved text.
How to customize the curved text in Canva?
1. You can change size, rotational angle, curvature, and spacing between letters to configure the curved text to your requirements.
2. Adjust the slider below the curve button to change the curvature of the text.
3. Reduce the size and rotate the text to suit your needs.
4. You can use the spacing button on the top right-hand side and select letter to change the space between letters.
5. You can repeat the same process to customize any curved text to fit to your design.
Tip: If you prefer to watch a video explaining how to use the curve text, you can check out the video that Canva posted on their channel.
Armed with this new feature, you no longer have to spend an obscene amount of time curving text. Instead, you can use this new and improved method of curving the text to create exciting designs for your posters, logos, etc. Get creative and experiment with bold designs and patterns like waves, flowers, swirls, etc. If you want to learn more about Canva and designing with Canva, you can check out their tutorials.
Also Read>>>9 DAKboard Alternatives: Some of the Best Software Out There
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it available for free users of Canva?
Yes, this feature is available for both free and pro users of Canva.
Is this feature available on the Canva mobile app?
Yes, this feature is also available on the mobile app of Canva.
Are there any other tools to curve text other than Canva?
There are plenty of tools that can curve text like PicMonkey, Inkscape, etc.
Are there other ways to curve text in Canva?
A different process was used to curve text in Canva until last year. You can read about it here.