This article will help you identify, scan and fix the Cisco “Webex Audio Not Working” problem that you are currently facing.
In this article, we will talk about some of the most common audio issues that people encounter during the Webex meeting.
Let’s begin reading…
- 1 What is Cisco Webex?
- 2 Troubleshooting “Webex Audio Not Working”
- 3 Fix Webex Audio Not Working on Various Devices
- 4 Bad Quality (Echo & Stuttering) Sound on Webex
- 5 [Solved] Webex Audio Not Working Certificate Error
- 6 Webex Audio Not Working with Second Monitor
- 7 FAQs Related to Webex Audio Not Working
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Trending Now
What is Cisco Webex?
Cisco Webex Teams is a suite of tools that enables users to collaborate in real-time. It features a variety of tools such as video meetings, group chats, file sharing, and whiteboarding. It works seamlessly across various platforms such as macOS, Windows, Android, and even Linux/Ubuntu.
Troubleshooting “Webex Audio Not Working”
Several of these tips will help you troubleshoot the audio “Webex Audio not Working” issues that are happening during Cisco’s Webex meeting.
The following steps will help you troubleshoot the Cisco Webex with no sound problem.
Fix Webex Audio Not Working on Various Devices
Here’s how you can & quickly fix “Webex Audio Not Working” for various devices/platforms:
Starting with Windows, it has been quite frequent for Windows OS users now to deal with Webex Audio Not Working problem.
Here are some of the reasons and solutions for the same:
Since there are many microphones that you can use, you must tell Webex which device is working.
To tell Webex which device you’re using, select the microphone you want and choose the appropriate audio output device from the list.
Check for Audio Jack Connections
At times, the cause of the issue can be your wrong/loose microphone connection.
See if your microphone and audio are connected correctly to the front panel jack.
Look-Over Input Volume of your PC
Check the input volume settings for a hassle-free Webex session.
- Open up Sound Settings
- Navigate to Device Properties under Input tab
- Ensure that the Disable is unchecked and volume is at a certain level.
Webex Audio Options
Check the audio settings inside the Webex App.
Check for any Driver Update
Make sure that the drivers installed on your PC are up-to-date.
- Search for Device Manager on your system.
- Navigate to the current drivers installed under the Audio inputs and outputs tab.
- By right-clicking on the drivers, you can check for any Update and if there’s any, then update it right away.
- After updating the drivers, Reboot your PC.
Restarting the Windows Audio Service (as an Admin)
Sometimes, a problem with the Windows Audio Service can cause issues with audio quality. This is why it is important to restart it.
- Look-up for Services insude the search bar of your PC.
- Run the following application as administrator.
- Select Windows Audio Service
- Press Restart
Mac OS X
It is the same as windows for Mac OS X., ensure that the Webex app.:
- Check for the right audio source.
- If the issue still persist, toggling through the Sound Settings via System Preferences could be a more convenient option for you.
- Check for the input volume on your mac.
- Webex audio source should be at a certain level by navigating through the Cisco Webex app to ensure there’s no Webex Audio Not Working error displayed on your screen.
Mobile Devices (iOS/Android)
The Webex Audio Not Working issue occurs in mobile devices (iOS/Android).
Now the solution for the same is as follows:
- Open up the Cisco Webex meetings app on your phone.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top-left corner of the UI.
- Navigate to Audio & Video.
- Finally, Ensure that the Don’t Connect Audio option isn’t selected (or is unchecked).
- These simple steps will help you get rid of the annoying “Webex Not Working” issue.
Note: If the above method doesn’t work for you, then make sure, if you’re using any headphones, they are correctly connected and have been hands-free in your mobile settings.
Surfing Webex on different browsers can also lead to trouble with the audio.
To fix that, we’ve come up with a simple solution where you need to make sure the following :
- Your Browser is up-to-dated.
- No garbage files (Cookies, history, saved passwords, etc).
- You’ve download your browser from their official website.
- Reset their browser setting.
- Re-Login Cisco Webex on the browser.
Bad Quality (Echo & Stuttering) Sound on Webex
Are you also one of the users facing bad quality issues, including stuttering/echo issues in audio on their Cisco Webex?
Don’t worry, ToolsPond has got you a solution to this problem.
You need to follow the below steps:
- Open Cisco Webex and navigate to Help section.
- Under the Help, go to Health Checker
- It will then run a health check for your Webex.
- Once the test is over, you can even check a detailed Diagnostic Report by clicking on Diagnostic at the bottom of your Health Checker window.
[Solved] Webex Audio Not Working Certificate Error
Well, at certain times, you may encounter trouble while connecting your video or audio while joining the meeting scheduled.
Cause: It is mainly due to the following factors:
- Non-validation of your certificate.
- It might would’ve expired.
- Some modifications have been made in your certificate
- Lastly, your certificate may no longer be valid.
Solution: If the following certificate is not present on your computer:
- Contact your Technical Helpdesk for assistance:
Certificate Required: IdenTrust Commercial Root CA 1
- If the certificate is present, then you must ensure that the network admin must permit *.identrust.com on your PC.
Webex Audio Not Working with Second Monitor
If you are also facing Webex Audio Not Working issue while connecting a secondary monitor using an HDMI cable & VGA, then you quickly must follow the below steps:
- Firstly, check the audio source in the Webex application itself.
- If that doesn’t work for you, then check for the HDMI as well as VGI converter as they are mainly concerning the audio/video of your PC’s projection.
I hope one of the above steps works for you!
FAQs Related to Webex Audio Not Working
Is Webex available on Linux/Ubuntu systems?
Yes. Webex App is a free app that lets users easily collaborate and communicate on Linux. It features a centralized UI and all the core capabilities of Webex.
Why is my secondary monitor causing the “Webex Audio Not Working” Issue?
In Webex’s configuration, there is a possibility that the Audio-Port should be enabled to allow Webex to send audio and video data over HDMI.
Is there a Cisco Webex extension available for browsers?
Winding up this article about Ways to Fix “Cisco Webex Audio Not Working” for your PC.
I am hoping that you, most probably, would’ve found this article beneficial.
If you find this article to help you find the “Webex Not Working (Solved),” then do share it, and you may also Check out our daily blog posts.
Till the next time, Keep reading and learning through Toolspond…