Avast antivirus can cause trouble at times. It can block some safe and secure websites assuming that those are unsafe. There are also ways to get out of this problem. In this article, the ways to fix the issue of Avast blocking your websites. But before we get started. To ensure everything that is on your computer will be safe, you can use Threatlocker. Those are as follows:
By Updating the Antivirus
Antivirus update is the basic and easiest method. The Avast blocking websites can be fixed by updating the antivirus version to the latest version. Here the user needs to follow the below-mentioned steps to update the antivirus version successfully.
- The user needs to go to the ‘antivirus icon’ on the taskbar.
- Then the user needs to right-click on it and choose the ‘Update’ option.
- After that, the user needs to select the ‘Program’ option after right-clicking on the ‘Update’ option.
- Now, you have to look for any updates. If there is any update available, then you can update the antivirus easily.
By Deactivating the Avast Antivirus Temporarily
The problem of Avast blocking websites can be solved easily by deactivating the Avast antivirus for a particular time. Here it can be done by following this method.
- The user needs to go to the taskbar and right-click on the Avast antivirus icon.
- Now, the user needs to select the Avast shield control option. From here, the user can disable the antivirus for a particular time as per the requirement.
- Here to confirm this temporary deactivation, the user needs to select on Avast security suite.
By Resetting the Antivirus Setting and Change it to the Default Setting
By changing the settings to default can help the user to fix the issue of Avast blocking websites. Here, the user needs to change the settings of Avast to default. This will help the user to solve the issue.
By Disabling the Web Shield and HTTP Scanning of Avast
Sometimes, the security of Avast antivirus fails to judge a safe website. Disabling the web shield and HTTP scanning will help eliminate the Avast blocking websites issue. This can be done by following these steps.
- At first, the user needs to open the Avast antivirus on their computer and open the dashboard.
- Here the user needs to follow this method: Menu> Settings Tab> Core Shields.
- Now the user needs to select the Configure Shield settings Tab. The user needs to uncheck the ‘Enable Web Shield’ and ‘Enable HTTP Scanning’ by clicking on the boxes before those options. As a result, HTTP scanning of the Avast antivirus will be deactivated, and the user might get out of this problem.
By Fixing the Security Program of Avast Software
If the user has faced this issue on Windows 10 OS, they can fix this Avast blocking website issue by repairing the installation program. After completing this, the user must get out of the Avast blocking websites issue. The user needs to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The user needs to open the Avast on their system at first.
- After that, the user needs to find the ‘ Menu ’ option and then click on it.
- Then the user needs to find the ‘ Settings ’ option and click on it.
- After that, the user needs to find the ‘ Troubleshooting ‘ options from all the options available.’ Then the user needs to click on ‘ Repair App.’
- The user needs to wait until the repair is done. After the installation program is completely repaired, the user needs to reboot the system and the Avast antivirus. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed. If the problem is still there, then the user needs to follow the later methods.
By Fixing it from the URLs:
In case the user is facing any issues regarding Avast blocking websites, then there are more options to solve this. There will be a whitelist in the Avast antivirus. The user needs to go to the list and remove that URL that is previously blocked. In this method, it will automatically erase it out so that it will not be scanned later. This way, the user will get rid of the problem. Here is the way to remove the URLs from the whitelist as follows:
- The user needs to open the Avast on the system and then go to the ‘Dashboard.’
- Here the user needs to go to the ‘Menu’ and then go to the ‘Settings.’
- After clicking on ‘ Settings,’ the user has to find the ‘ Exceptions ’ option and click on it.
- There will be a new window popping up here, and the user will find a space. The user needs to type out the URL that Avast already blocks.
- After typing it properly, the user must click on ‘ Add Exceptions ‘ and then save it.
- The Avast blocking websites problem, might be fixed after following these steps properly.
By Contacting the Avast Support Team
After following all those above-mentioned steps properly, if the problem is still there in the system, the user must contact the Avast support team. The user needs to tell the support team about the problem and the previously mentioned steps. The support team will check it and give proper guidance to fix this problem of Avast blocking websites.
By properly following those above-mentioned steps, the user must get rid of the issue of Avast blocking websites. However, before disabling the antivirus or any security tool, the user needs to think twice to secure the data in the computer. If any website is not accessible while antivirus is active on the system, there might be some threat that can not be taken lightly. They can harm your system.
Q: What to do if any of the methods are not working?
Ans: There will be nothing but to contact the Avast support team.
Q: Is disabling the antivirus for a few minutes secure enough?
Ans: No, it is not that secure to disable the antivirus for a few minutes. It can harm the system and data.
Q: What is the safest way to fix this issue among the methods mentioned above?
Ans: Updating the antivirus and contacting the support team of Avast is the safest option to fix Avast blocking websites issue.