Do you also run into issues like Mouse stuttering in games and similar ones? Then don’t get vexed soon. We will elucidate on the various causes for this lagging and how to fix it.
- 1 Usage of Mouse in games:
- 2 What is mouse stuttering in games:
- 3 Causes for Mouse Stuttering in Games
- 4 How to fix Mouse stuttering in games:
- 4.1 Updating the mouse drivers:
- 4.2 Disable Fast Setup:
- 4.3 Plug your mouse receiver into another USB port:
- 4.4 Enable the scroll inactive window option:
- 4.5 Change USB HUB Power Management:
- 4.6 Depleted batteries:
- 4.7 Disable Realtek Drivers:
- 4.8 Turn off the NVIDIA HD Audio Device:
- 4.9 Remove unwanted software and perform a full system scan:
- 4.10 Try another mouse:
- 5 FAQs:
- 6 Winding up:
- 7 Trending Right Now
Usage of Mouse in games:
Games can be classified into 2D (two-dimensional), 3D (Three Dimensional), and VR (Virtual Reality).
These games allow game objects to move in two dimensions only, which can be regarded as four (jump, fall, left & right). These games do not require using a mouse during the gameplay, but when you are in the main menu, the mouse may be used to select a new level or exit.
These games allow a game object (e.g., main hero, enemy, coins, etc.) to move in three dimensions, which means in six different ways: up, down, left, right, front, and back.
These games allow the player to change their view concerning the surroundings, while in few games, the left mouse is for shooting or actions.
What is mouse stuttering in games:
Games are a vital application that helps a person to relax and entertain. Gaming is also a source of income for few. So it is essential for good working equipment to be used when gamers are playing classic games or championships.
So, a good working mouse is essential for performance in games. But what if the mouse does not work correctly or is slow. The player will not be able to complete the game in time or will be slow and last to finish it.
Mouse stuttering in games is defined as the lagging of the mouse pointer or cursor while playing a game level. Mouse stuttering in games is also known as mouse lagging. The movement of the pointer is not in sync with your mouse movements.
Causes for Mouse Stuttering in Games
There are significantly fewer reasons that can cause this nuisance of mouse stuttering in games while you are playing a game:
- Old mouse drivers.
- Improper settings chosen in your computer.
- Mouse frequency is too high.
- Damaged USB port.
- Realtek drivers
- Exhausted batteries in wireless mouse.
- Unwanted background apps and softwares.
- Malwares and junks in your PC.
How to fix Mouse stuttering in games:
Updating the mouse drivers:
- Open Device Manager.
- Click on Mice and other pointing options.
- Double click on your mouse.
- In the Driver tab, select Update Driver. Then restart your computer.
Disable Fast Setup:
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Power options.
- At the left panel, click on: Choose what the power button does -> Change settings that are currently available.
- Deselect the checkbox left to “Turn On fast startup“.
- Press Save changes, then exit.
Must Read | AntiVirus for Xbox ONE
Plug your mouse receiver into another USB port:
- Try changing the plugh of your mouse to some other ports.
- If you have USB 2.0, insert your mouse wire into a USB 3.0
- If you have USB 3.0, insert your mouse wire into a USB C.
- If you have USB 3.0, insert your mouse wire into a USB-C with Thunderbolt.
Enable the scroll inactive window option:
- Got to Settings -> Devices.
- From the left panel, select Mouse.
- At the bottom will be the option for “Scroll Inactive Windows when I hover over them”.
- You will have to enable it.
Change USB HUB Power Management:
- Open Device Manager by right clicking on the start icon, present at the task bar.
- Double click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Then select the USB which you are using.
- In Power Management panel, disable the first checkbox option of “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
Mouse stuttering in games can also be caused when the batteries of the wireless mouse have less power in them.
Replace the batteries with new and fresh batteries and test your mouse.
Disable Realtek Drivers:
Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
Switch to the startup tab, which will be at the top.
Change the settings for Realtek Audio Manager as disable. This will be at the right bottom corner.
Go to the Device Manager and uninstall Realtek Audio Manager from “Sound, video & game controllers”.
Turn off the NVIDIA HD Audio Device:
Select: Start -> Settings -> Apps -> GeForce Experience.
Right-click on it and choose to uninstall.
Go to Device Manager now.
Fetch NVIDIA HD Audio; it will be under the sound and video game controllers.
Right-click on it and hit Disable device.
Remove unwanted software and perform a full system scan:
Uninstall and delete then apps, huge files, and folders that you no longer require. Also, perform a full system scan for malware and viruses using a suitable application like McAfee or Avast. The over cycling of the system might have caused Mouse stuttering in games.
Try another mouse:
Try another mouse in your system to check if the problem is with the computer or mouse. If another mouse works great with the system game, then your previous mouse is damaged.
What is mouse stuttering in games?
Mouse stuttering in games means that the mouse cursor’s movement or the pointer is slow or sluggish while playing a heavily loaded game. This happens while playing games that require high memory and high GPU usage.
Which company mouses are best?
2. Microsoft Intellimouse
3. Apple magic mouse.
4. Dell mouses.
What causes mouse glitching, and how to solve it?
The cause may be a damaged USB port, corrupted mouse driver, or loose connection of wires specific to the mouse. This can be solved by:
1. Try plugging your mouse wire into another USB port.
2. Update your drivers and your system.
3. Check the wires inside your computer and your mouse’s wire.
Mouse stuttering in games is an unwanted situation that can be relived easily. It is essential for gamers to have a good working mouse for uninterruptable gameplay.
You can comment down below if you have any more doubts.