Many users face a widespread problem because they can’t change the resolution on Windows 10 PC. The users also noticed that they started to see this problem right after updating the Windows or installing a graphics card. In this situation, the user can’t change the resolution on Windows 10 as they can’t see the display’s resolution.
The screen resolution will be frozen at a point that is exactly the lower resolution of the display. As a result, the user might be annoyed with this poor quality on display.
- 1 Reasons for which users can’t change the resolution on Windows 10
- 2 How to Change Display Resolution Conventionally?
- 3 Step by Step Guide to Fix this Issue:
- 4 Conclusion:
Reasons for which users can’t change the resolution on Windows 10
The main reason for this problem is there might be some issue in the driver configuration. If the drivers are not compatible with the device, you could automatically observe a decrease in display resolution.
The other reason for this is if you can’t change resolution on Windows 10, this indicates the drivers might not be updated properly.
How to Change Display Resolution Conventionally?
To change the display resolution, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you have to click on the ‘start’ option. Then you have to go to the ‘Settings.’
- Here you have to select the ‘System’ option. Then you have to click on the ‘Display’ option.
- Now, you can manually change the resolution as per your requirements.
If the display’s drivers are not rightly configured, then the resolution of the display will be set by the driver at the lowest value. In this case, you can’t change the resolution on Windows 10 system manually.
Step by Step Guide to Fix this Issue:
There are several methods to fix this when a user can’t change the resolution on Windows 10 system. Those are as follows:
By Updating the Display Driver:
The display driver’s update is the easiest step to fix the display-related issue when you can’t change resolution on Windows 10 system. Updating a display driver will work in three different ways.
Manually updating the display driver:
This is the basic step a user has to follow if the user can’t change resolution on Windows 10. In this step, the user has to click on ‘Start Menu ‘ and then go to the ‘Setting’ option. After that, the user must go to the ‘Update & Security ’ option and then click on ‘Updates.’
If the problem is not fixed here, the user must go to the ‘display adapter driver’ and update it. The problem related to the screen resolution must be fixed. If the problem is still there, then the user must follow the below-mentioned steps.
By Reinstalling the Display Driver:
In this method, the user has to uninstall the display driver at first. After successfully uninstalling the display driver, the user has to reinstall it again properly if the user can’t change the resolution on Windows 10 manually.
Here the user has to right-click on the Windows logo to open the device manager option. Then the user has to go to the ‘Display driver and adapter’ option. Here the user has to choose the right display driver name and uninstall it.
After a successful uninstallation process, the user has to restart their system and then reinstall it. Many users reported that they fixed their problem if they can’t change the resolution on Windows 10.
If this step is not working out for you, then don’t worry. You have other options down below.
- Updating drivers with the help of additional software:
By installing some additional software, the user can fix this issue. There are some apps available for this purpose. Here the app will search for the most suitable driver for the user’s computer. After successfully installing the driver, the user will get rid of the problem ‘ can’t change the resolution on Windows 10’ easily. Steps that will help you to work in this method are as follows.
- First, you have to download any app that can solve this purpose. Then you have to launch it.
- Now the app will detect whether the drivers installed in your system are okay or not. If there is any problem with some of your drivers, you will be notified by the app.
- Now, you have to select the drivers that you want to get fixed. Select them, and the app will do the rest.
- Now, restart your system and check if the problem is solved or not.
By Installing the Drivers in Compatibility Mode:
The screen resolution problem has another method to get fixed. When the user faces that they can’t change the resolution on Windows 10, they need to install the drivers in compatibility mode. The steps are explained below.
- Here you have to go to the manufacturer’s website to download the drivers.
- Now you have to go to the ‘driver set-up.’ Here you can find the ‘compatibility tab.’ You have to tick the box and run it by selecting Windows 10.
- Now you have to restart your PC and check if the problem still exists or not.
By Updating the Bluetooth Drivers:
You can update the Bluetooth drivers to fix screen resolution-related issues. You can also go to the manufacturer’s website to download it.
When the user can’t change the resolution on Windows 10, some issues are related to the drivers. However, solutions are also there. Some steps are mentioned above by which you can fix this issue on your own.
Ans: Yes, the issue related to the change of screen resolution is not that hard. You can fix this issue by following the above-mentioned steps.
Ans: As per most of the users, they were successful by using any one of these methods mentioned above here.
Q: Which one is the easiest method here?
Ans: Updating the drivers manually is the easiest among all. Other options are equally good and are not difficult to follow at all.